Guide | Reports
After installing CJ Path, you can access the report UI by entering http://localhost/ into any browser. It may take a few minutes in order to load all the data and populate the reports. Once loaded, familiarize yourself with the features listed in this guide.
- Project Selector – choose which project data you want to view
- Project Summary – quick summary of overall project statistics. Click to view an expanded summary.
- Memory Status – indicator of allocated memory usage for CJ Path. Mouseover for more detail.
- Project Data Selector – choose any defined data subsets such as specific data source, time range, etc.
- User Segment Selector – choose any defined user segment group for report filtering.
- CV Selector – choose any defined conversion goal for report filtering.
- Apply Button – you must click the apply button to affect any selected changes.
- Refresh Button – will refresh the report with the current settings.
Customer Journey Report
- Fullscreen Mode Icon – click here to expand the current report to fullscreen.
- Path Summary – quick summary stats of the total number of unique conversion paths vs the total number of unique paths.
- Paging Controls – use the left right arrows to move to next or previous report page. The go to box will take you directly to the specified report page.
- Path Configuration – choose parameters that affect how paths are visualized.
- Selects path direction, either forward or backward.
- Selects the number of touchpoints to display.
- Selects the termination point of the path. Usually the conversion goal, but can also be end of journey.
- Touchpoint Types – choose the touchpoint grouping definitions you want applied to the path visualization.
- Apply Button - you must click the apply button to affect any selected changes.
- Refresh Button - will refresh the report with the current settings.
- Search Box – enter search keywords to filter the path visualization. Multiple keywords are treated as logical OR condition.
- Download Button – click here to download report data in csv format.
- Path Summary – box adjacent to path visualization displays the summary statistics for a specific journey path. It includes total CV to non-CV counts and the overall CV rate. The submenu icon shown below allows you to access for each journey path:
- Drilldown – select to view drilldown report data specific to the selected journey path.
- Log Sample – select to view a sample log of users who followed the selected journey path.
- Path Visualization – this is the visualization of the customer journey with touchpoints represented by different colored circles and icons along a directional arrow. Dashed lines following the last shown touchpoint indicate further touchpoints are on the path but not shown. Increase the number of touchpoints to display in the Path configuration if you want a more complete view of the journey path.
Path Log Sample
- CV vs Non-CV Log View Button – lets you select a log sample of a user whose journey path ultimately led to conversion or one where conversion was not met.
- Log Download Option Selector – lets you select the criteria of the logs to download from All, CV user only or Non-CV user only.
- Log Download Icon – click here to download logs in csv format.
- Sample Log – view of a representative log from a user who followed a specific journey path. Column headings, formats and entries will vary based on the data source.
Path Drilldown Report
- Path Summary - box adjacent to path visualization displays the summary statistics for a journey path. It includes total CV to non-CV counts and the overall CV rate.
- Path Visualization - this is the visualization of the customer journey with touchpoints represented by different colored circles and icons along a directional arrow.
- Report Selector – this lets you select the type of drilldown report you want to view for the selected journey path.
- Report Area – this is the area where drilldown report charts or tables are displayed. Each report may also have specific filtering controls to modify the data display.